Radiation Oncology Practices (ROPs) based in the United States may apply for ASTRO accreditation. ROPs may be either a freestanding single facility, multi-site organizations, or part of a hospital facility. ROPs can submit an online facility application through the APEx Web portal supported by an external vendor.
The application requires information on:
- Facility location and information
- Key contact personnel
- Number of patients treated annually and types of diseases
- Equipment (including simulation, treatment and brachytherapy machines)
- Medical record and planning systems
- List of physicians
- List of treatment modalities
Once your application is complete and payment has been processed you will gain access to the self-assessment portion. The self-assessment is a preliminary process in which the main facility assesses their readiness for the facility visit and is an important aspect of APEx.